How to Fix Hard Drive Disk 100% Usage
Remember to always backup your data before you work on your computer.
There is many reasons why the hard disk runs at 100% percent. I will list some of the things you can try to resolve the hard drive problem.
In no particular order:
1. Disable Windows Search.
2. Disable SuperFetch Service.
3. Check Anti-virus Software.
4. Scan for Malware and Viruses.
5. Check your hard drive to see if has gone bad.
6. Defragment your hard drive
7. Scan for errors on drive chkdsk /f /r
8. Upgrade hard drive
9. Standard SATA AHCI Controller
Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetEnumPCIAHCI ControllerDevice ParametersInterrupt ManagementMessageSignaledInterruptProperties”,
change MSISupported key from “1” to “0”.
10. Uninstall or Disable Flash Player Update
11. Uninstall Skype
12. Check Resource Monitor for process that’s hogging resources
13. Check Windows updates
14. Try system restore
15. Reinstall Windows
16. Perform a Clean Boot